Warner Bros. releases a press release in regards to the completion of Part 1
Warner Bros. is facing a change of plans. The studio will no longer release Harry Potter Part 1 in 3D. The fantasy-adventure blockbuster had previously been reported to be released in 2D, IMAX, and 3D screens.
A statement released from Warner Bros. said that they have not completed the 3D version of the film, and didn’t want to push the release date back because fans have long-awaited the release of the conclusion.
Warner Bros. had also referred to fans while making the decision of splitting the final installment of theHarry Potter series into two parts.
Producer David Heyman and director David Yates shared their thoughts on the studio’s relationship with fans. Heyman and Yates both support the studio’s decision, and suggest that this shows the studio’s integrity.
Heyman said that for the past ten years, the President of Warner Bros., Alan Horn, and the studio have been committed to upholding the respect of J.K. Rowling’s books as they bring them onto the screen.
Yates said, “This decision, which we completely support, underscores the fact that Warner Bros. has always put quality first.”
However, although Part 1 will not be presented in 3D, Part 2 will go as planned and be released on 3D, as well as 2D and IMAX screens. Part 2 is scheduled for July 15, 2011.
Part 1 will be released on November 19, 2010.